The newly commissioned State-owned airline, Ibom Air, is set to recruit about 300 people to start the flight operation. The Airline was started with the aim of creating both direct and indirect Job for the people of Akwa Ibom and Nigerians at large.
During the official launch, Mfon Udom, the Airline technical consultant noted that the airline will employ about 3,000 staff later in the future. Ibom Air took delivery of two 90-seater aircraft recently with the 3rd one expected to arrive in August. 6 more aircraft will join the Ibom Air fleet in 2020 and 2021 respectively.
For a start, Ibom Air will start 3 frequencies a day to Lagos state. Later, the airline will start a reqional flight operations.
Positions Available In Ibom Air
- Flight Operations
- Cabin Safety
- Airport Engineer / Planner
- Concessions / Airport Food Service
- Airport Guide / Ambassador
- Airport Custodians / Serviceperson
- Fixed Based Operator Lineperson
- Fixed Base Operator (FBO) Manager
- Emergency Services
- Flight Attendant
- Airline Administrative Support
- Operations Agent
- Flight Dispatcher
- Ground / Airport Station Attendant
- Aviation Meteorologist
- Sales Representative
- Airline Ticket Agent and so on.
- First degree (BSc/HND)
- At least 5 credit passes in Senior Secondary School Certificate (WAEC/NECO/NABTEB)
- Applicant must be 18 years and above
- Applicant must not be more than 30 years.
- Good communication skills
How to Apply
The application process is very easy and less stressful. if you think you are qualified for any of the positions listed above, kindly follow the process below.
- Visit Ibomair.com or click here.
- Fill in your personal information.
- Select the position you want.
- Your desired remuneration (salary expectation)
- Indicate your employment status and job experience (if you have experience in the industry, it will be added advantage)
- Enter your highest degree and institution (indicate if you have completed NYSC)
- Upload your resume
- Sign the disclaimer (certify that all the information provided is correct)
If you encounter any challenge Comment Below orcontact us.
Subscribe to our blog to get more information concerning Ibom Air recruitment and flight operations.
The airline has not announce any closing date. As at the time we checked the airline website, the job application portal is still working.
The Minister of State for Aviation, Sen. Hadi Sirika, who was a guest speaker during the 47th convocation ceremony of the Air Force Institute, Kaduna, disclosed how the Nigeria Air staff will be recruited.
The minister said that there will be zero government interference in the recruitment process. The minister did not specify when the recruitment process will take place but review that the Nigeria Air staff will be recruited through a world-class recruitment agency.
Sen. Sirika, also noted that there is a large difference between the Nigerian Airways and Nigeria Air. While the former was owned by the Nigerian government, the latter is a private sector affair.
On why the Nigeria Air name, logo and tagline was unveiled in London, the minister explained that Farnborough International Airshow, London, is the biggest Airshow in the world and was chosen because of visibility.
I want to warn you that the people who are going to do the recruitment will be a company that is world-class. Nigeria Airways died due to so many reasons, including governance issues and also that of finance. Nigeria Airways was owned by the government of Nigeria and over time it lost track and lost funding and someone, therefore, decided to shut it down and it died. He said
The government will own less than (5%) five per cent in Nigeria Air because it is a private sector driven.
Subscribe to get an update when the recruitment will start.
Kempt Harkulson Nigeria Limited (KHNL) was set up to provide logistics support for both local and foreign companies in Nigeria. We have been offering such services for over 10 years with a growing clientele base. We have grown from a logistics support company to complete oil service Support Company providing manpower development & training, immigration consulting, travel management as well as providing guesthouse and transit accommodation for the oil & gas industry.
Job Title: Ticketing & Reservations Executive
Job Type: Full Time
Experience: 2 years
Location: Abuja, Rivers
Job Field: Travels & Tours
Locations: Port Harcourt & Abuja
- Make ticket booking, quote fare and send to a Direct customer, agents and/or corporate.
- Maintaining and developing strong, sustainable relationships with key travel agency clients, as well as corporate and direct clients.
- Gather market and client information, and following up with calls to develop new business.
- Develop and maintain an extensive customer database.
- Provide consultation for clients on the services provided by the company.
- Assisting the Manager in implementing sales strategies for the company.
- Carry out other tasks when assigned by the Company
- A candidate is required to have a high-level proficiency in the use of booking and reservation GDS (Global Distribution Systems) software such as Amadeus, Galileo, and Sabre.
- Should have a high-level proficiency in the use of Microsoft office suite.
- Should have a track record of generating ticket sales and marketing of travel products.
- Should have a Diploma in ticketing and reservation from a reputable aviation school.
- Possession of a university Degree is desirable and is an added advantage.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills and a good command of English Language.
- Should have a minimum of (2) years’ work experience in ticket/reservation in a travel agency.
Method of Application
Applicants should send their Curriculum Vitae to firstname.lastname@example.org
30 June 2017
Finchglow Travels is a world class Travel Management Company. We provide travel solutions for all your personal and business travel needs; from travel consultations to ticketing and reservations, tours and transfer to consular services, our main goal is to satisfy all your travel needs, we sell the world to you.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Company: Finchglow Travels Agency Limited
Job Title: Travel & Tourism Instructor
Location: Lagos, Lagos, Nigeria
State: Lagos Jobs
Job type: Full-Time
- Facilitate Travel and Tourism courses such as IATA, Airfares and ticketing, customer service, protocol handling.
- Facilitate Management courses.
- Develop training manuals
- Prepare and forward the online enrollment process for IATA exams.
- Responsible for updating existing course materials
- Maintain training standards as established by Lagos Aviation Academy and external regulatory bodies.
- Ensure that all courses are completed according to the Training Course Outline
- Ensure that all appropriate endorsements are made on the student’s record
- Ensure students’ training records are appropriately documented.
- B.Sc in any discipline
- IATA Foundation Diploma
- 2-4 years’ experience in facilitating Travel courses
- Excellent communication Skills
- Excellent writing skills
- Ability to work in team effectively
- Ability to use MS Office Tools i.e MS Word & PowerPoint
70,000 – 100,000 Naira.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV’s to email@example.com