Just like the Abuja – Kaduna train service, the Nigeria Railway Corporation (NRC) has started Lagos – Abeokuta – Ibadan rail services. The much talked about train services started operations on December 7, 2020.
The train has a different class of services. The class of services on the newly acquired Air-condition coaches are the Economy class, Business class and first class. The cost of a ticket depends on the class of service a passenger chose.
Lagos – Ibadan Train Zone
For easy identification, the train is divided into 3 train zones as listed below.
- Lagos – Ibadan (Zone 1 – 2)
- Lagos – Abeokuta (Zone 1)
- Abeokuta – Ibadan (Zone 2)
Lagos – Ibadan train schedule
Weekends Train service schedule (Saturday and Sunday)
- Departure time for Lagos – Ibadan is 8:30 am
- Departure time for Ibadan – Lagos is 6 pm
Weekdays Train service schedule (Monday – Friday)
- Departure time for Ibadan – Lagos is 8 am
- Departure time for Lagos – Ibadan is 4 pm
The Train Stations:
- Chief Obafemi Awolowo Station, Moniya, Ibadan (It is a 10 minutes drive from Ọjọọ main park in Ibadan, and about 20mins to Iwo road park)
- Mobolaji Johnson Station, Ebute Metta, Lagos State.
- Prof. Wole Soyinka Station, Laderin, Abeokuta. (There is 5 minutes stopover at this station so that people going to Lagos or Ibadan can join the train).
The cost of the Lagos – Abeokuta – Ibadan Train service
LAGOS – IBADAN (ZONE 1 – 2) NON-EXPRESS
- 24-Seater Coaches #6,000
- 56/68-Seater Coaches #5,000
- 88-Seater Coaches #2,600
LAGOS – ABEOKUTA (ZONE 1 ONLY)
- 24-Seater Coaches #4,500
- 56/68-Seater Coaches #3,500
- 88-Seater Coaches #2,000
ABEOKUTA – IBADAN (ZONE 2 ONLY)
- 24-Seater Coaches #2,000
- 56/68-Seater Coaches #1,500
- 88-Seater Coaches #600
Children below the age of 14 are expected to pay half of the adult fare while those above the age of 14 are to pay the full adult fare.
- 24-seaters coaches are first-class coaches.
- 56/68-seaters coaches are business class coaches.
- 88-seaters coaches are the economy class coaches.
Where to buy Lagos – Abeokuta – Ibadan Train
For now, you can only buy the train tickets at any of the train stations you want to use.
It’s important to be at the station as early as possible so that you can get a ticket.
Book Cheap Flights on Sagetravels.com
BOOK A FLIGHT NOW
It is Very cheap and Affordable