Rescheduling travel dates, routes and times is not a new phenomenon in the travel industry. It might interest you to know that passengers reschedule, cancel and ask for a refund on daily basis. The reason may not be far from a change of travel plan and/or unforeseen contingencies. Whatsoever the case may be, it is important for you to know the next line of action to take.
Today, we are going to take you by the hand and walk you through the steps on how to change your travel date yourself in case you find yourself in a situation that warrants you to change your travel date.
This is specifically for Arik passengers, although, the method is similar to other airlines. You can do it yourself or contact your travel agent.
Go to the website
The moment you notice that there is a change in your travel plan and the next thing to do is to reschedule, quickly go to the Arik Air website and make the necessary changes.
Click Manage Booking
When the website has finished loading, click on Manage Booking.
Enter the booking reference that was sent to you in your email and your last name (Surname).
Click the continue button and wait for the page to load.
Select change flight
When the page opens, click on the change flight and it will lead you to a page where you will change your flight.
Select the ticket you want to change and click continue. It will take you to a new page where you will enter your new travel time, date or route. From the display, select the new route, date or time you want and click on continue.
If you encounter an error here like ?REISSUE TIME LIMIT MODAL HEAD?, kindly Contact us for assistance/enquiry. 08135146188 or 08167650848 (Call or WhatsApp)
Pay the fare difference or get a refund.
This stage is very crucial and important, I would advise you to pay attention. After selecting the new route, date and time and click the continue button. Two things will happen, either you pay for the fare difference or you get a refund.
Fare difference means the price between the new ticket and the old ticket. Click on continue and pay the difference. If you see a refund, it means Arik will pay you the excess. The refund may not come as soon as possible but the advantage is you will not pay anything for the new ticket.
If there is a need to pay, pay the difference and if it is a refund, go ahead and confirm your booking.
Here are a few things to note
- The PNR will still remain the same after rescheduling/rebooking.
- Your ticket will be sent to the email address you provided.
- Make sure you have your payment card (Visa, Verve, Mastercard etc.) ready to pay the fare difference.
- You can reschedule at least 24 hours before departure.
- If you miss the flight, the ticket will still be valid for use at your convince but within the year. For you to use the ticket, you will pay a no-show fee and your ticket will be reactivated.
- ?REISSUE TIME LIMIT MODAL HEAD: When you see this message, it means you cannot change online again. We can assist you to change the ticket at the Arik Office. Contact us to change it for you.