Earlier this month, it was reported that the Ebonyi State Government has concluded plans to build an airport in the state in order to ease the movement of goods and people to and fro the state.
The governor made his intention to build an airport known to the public after receiving investors for the state cement industry. The chairman of Ibeto Group led a team of foreign investors to the state to discuss how to reactivate the defunct cement industries in the state.
In order to make movement easier for investors and ebony people, the Ebonyi state governor, Engr. Dave Umahi decided to build an airport. Governor Dave umahi reinstated his statement to build an airport after receiving Ethiopian airline team led by the Enugu office sales and traffic manager, Solomon Mengistu.
Below are the things you need to know about the proposed Ebonyi State Airport.
- When completed, the airport will be used to convey made in Ebonyi State goods to other states and countries.
- The airport will complement the Ebonyi State mall
- The airport will be built by a Chinese company. The Governor met with the Chinese company in China as they showed him different models of the airport they have.
- The airport location is unknown but may likely be at the state capital, Abakaliki.
- The airport workers will be mostly Ebonyi State indigenes and expatriates
- It will be the 4th airport in South East – Enugu, Imo, Anambra and Ebonyi.
- It will be one of the most functional airports in Nigeria.
- The airport project will kick-start early next year 2019.
- It may not be a big airport but certainly going to be one of the most beautiful airports in Nigeria.
- The airport will be operated by standard aircraft as the governor complained bitterly about the substandard aircrafts some airlines send to Nigeria.
- The Ebonyi State Government will partner with Ethiopian Airlines. The governor received Ethiopian airline delegates led by Solomon Mengistu, the airline’s Traffic and sales manager, Enugu Office, in his office as they presented an aircraft prototype to him.