For me, a destination wedding remains the most exciting form of wedding. There is no other ambiguous way of defining it rather than saying that it is marrying just 100 or more miles from where the bride currently lives. Yes! the bride, after all, it’s the groom that is asking the bride to marry him. The idea is just about getting married away from home, yet having that homelike feeling with close family and friends around to celebrate with you.
The most popular destinations you can think of when planning a destination wedding include but not limited to;
• Cape town
• South of France
Why a destination wedding in the first place?
Below are the reasons why you should try a destination wedding;
• Close family ties: why not, if you are the person that value close ties. It’s an opportunity to spend time with family and friends while you enjoy your wedding ceremony.
• Favourite holiday memories: of course the experience is quite unforgettable. That moment when you add flavour to your wedding by including a destinations memorable experience as a part of your wedding plan.
• Affordability: You can trust me on this one. it’s the best way to ensure maximum affordability. This is generally achieved by a reduction in population.
• A desire for a small wedding: If that has been your dream, then yes is the answer. With a destination wedding, you can plan your wedding as small as you want without having issues with uninvited guests.
Deciding on a destination; factors to consider.
- Cost: How much do you have at hand.
- Seasons/weather: Beware of peak/high season
- Festivals: Major festivals can generate visitors traffic as well as increase hotel occupancy rate.
- Accessibility for your guests i.e visa issues: check for destination guests can easily acquire a visa
- Standards: Make your choice according to the standard of wedding you have in mind.
- Season: Watch out for off seasons some destinations are only operational during their peak season.
- Take a planning trip
- Do your research on wedding vendors in your chosen destination
- Draw up a shortlist of venues
- Prepare a shortlist of vendors
- Speak to key vendors in that country
- Pre-book appointments before you leave to make the most of your time
- Ask for recommendations from your venue of choice
Key items to include in your budget
- Ground operational cost
Making your destination wedding outstanding
- Meet and greet
- Airport transfer
- Welcome pack
- Ground transportation to all event
- Exceptional hospitality
To get help with your with your destination wedding plan, call us on 08167650848 or 08135146188