Nigeria is not ready to take chances when it comes to Coronavirus that’s why the authorities have swiftly placed a ban on travellers from India, Brazil, and Turkey in the last 14 days.
The restriction is already in place according to the Nigerian Presidential Steering Committee on COVID-19. The will be a review of the ban after four weeks.
What you need to Know About This Ban on Ban Indian & Brazilian travellers
- Travellers (Non-Nigerian passport holders and non-residents) that have been to any of the listed countries in the last 14 days will not be allowed to enter Nigeria.
- Any airline that carries such passenger will be charged $3,500 per passenger as a penalty.
- Nigerian passport holders or permanent residents are exempted.
- Nigerian passport holders or permanent residents will be subject to 7 days quarantine in any of the government-approved facilities on arrival.
- Travellers transiting from the above-mentioned countries are not affected.
Covid-19 Rules To All Travellers Arriving Nigeria
- All passengers must provide a negative COVID-19 polymerase chain reaction (PCR) test result before boarding.
- Passengers arriving in Nigeria must register their contact details, upload the necessary documents and make payment on the Nigeria International Travel Portal.
- Passengers arriving in Nigeria must self-isolate for 7 days. After seven days, the traveller will undergo another covid-19 test. If the result is negative, the traveller will be free to mix with the public.
- Travellers must pay for another COVID-19 polymerase chain reaction (PCR) test in any of the approved test centres.
- Passenger with a body temperature above 38 degrees Celsius will not be allowed to enter Nigeria.
The covid-19 situation in Nigeria, Brazil, India and Turkey
In Nigeria, there is a decline in death caused by Coronavirus. In the last 22 days, Nigeria recorded 4 deaths. As of May 7, 2021, Nigeria has 7,814 active Cases, 155,434 discharged Cases, 2,065 death and 165,313 confirmed cases.
The situation in India is overwhelming because the number is increasing every day. Beds, oxygen and healthcare workers are all in short supply.
In turkey, there is a lockdown. People can only be allowed to leave for essential shopping or medical reasons. Meanwhile, in Brazil, over 400,000 people have died from Coronavirus.
Do you think the flight ban by the Nigerian government is necessary? Let us know what you think in the comment section below.
Feel free to contact us – 08135146188 or 08167650848 (Call or WhatsApp). We are available 24/7
Book Cheap Flights on Sagetravels.com
BOOK A FLIGHT NOW
It is Very cheap and Affordable