This is the prototype of the much talked about Ebonyi state International Airport. The construction is currently going on. The state governor, Engr. David Nweze Umahi promised to complete the airport before the end of 2021.
In a post via his Twitter handle, the governor said he is committed to bringing the airport project to a reality.
I and my team are committed to bringing it to reality in some month’s time. The development of Ebonyi State is my core duty.https://twitter.com/realdaveumahi/status/1334079995795345408
Below are the things you need to know about the proposed Ebonyi State Airport.
- When completed, the airport will be used to convey made in Ebonyi State goods to other states and countries.
- The airport will complement the Ebonyi State mall.
- It will be the 4th airport in South East – Enugu, Imo, Anambra and Ebonyi.
- It will be one of the most functional airports in Nigeria.
- It may not be a big airport but certainly going to be one of the most beautiful airports in Nigeria.
- The airport will be operated by standard aircraft as the governor complained bitterly about the substandard aircrafts some airlines send to Nigeria.
- The Ebonyi State Government will partner with Ethiopian Airlines. The governor received Ethiopian airline delegates led by Solomon Mengistu, the airline’s traffic and sales manager, Enugu Office, in his office as they presented an aircraft prototype to him.