There is massive construction going on at the proposed Anambra State cargo airport, Umueri. Work is going on daily at the $ 2 Billion Anambra airport.
The State Governor H.E. Chief Willie Obiano disclosed that the airport which was launched on 11-Apr-2017 will commence flight operation in April 2021.
The Airport city that on 1500 hectares of land will feature the following facilities.
- Two runways
- An aviation fuel facility
- Aircraft maintenance facility
- Airport hotel
- Business park
- International convention centre
- Passenger and VIP Terminal
- Taxiways and Aprons
- Fire Station
- Control Building and Towers
- Aviation Fuel dispensing facilities
- Airport cargo sheds
- Aviation training and services buildings,
- Airport multilevel car parks
- Airport recreational areas
- China wholesale depots
- Emergency service centres, etc.
The airport will generate 4800 direct and indirect jobs. The project is currently developed under the partnership between the Anambra State Government, Orient Petroleum Resources and Elite International Investments.
Elite International Investments will provide all funds under a build, operate, manage and transfer agreement. Anambra Airport City Infrastructure Limited allocated a 75% equity stake to Elite International Investments, 20% to Orient Petroleum Resources Limited and 5% to the State Government.
More pictures from the airport construction site.
Book Cheap Flights on Sagetravels.com
BOOK A FLIGHT NOW
It is Very cheap and Affordable