A lot has been said about the much awaited Yenagoa international Airport, Bayelsa. Some have condemned the international airport without hesitating to figure out why the Bayelsa state needs an airport.
The international airport which was flagged off for construction since 2012 during Governor Seriake Dickson first tenure in office is waiting to commission by President Muhammadu Buhari.
Below are 16 Stunning facts about Yenagoa international Airport, Bayelsa.
- The airport will be managed by an experienced Middle East airport operator.
- One of the largest Helicopter and Engine Manufacturer will set up a sales and maintenance center for the African region.
- Yenagoa International Airport is located at Amassoma, Southern Ijaw Local Government Area, Bayelsa State.
- A South African Air Cargo Company will operate at the Yenagoa Hub.
- It was commissioned in 2012 for construction by Governor Seriake Dickson
- A leading global courier company already operating within Nigeria will establish a regional distribution center.
- It will create a massive job for Bayelsans.
- A domestic logistics company will establish a distribution center at the Yenagoa international airport.
- Goldair Training Center, a Turkish Technical Training company will establish a training center in Yenagoa.
- Yenagoa international Airport occupies 2,250 hectares of land
- Inflight Express will establish its aircraft maintenance center at the Yenagoa international airport.
- Smile Air, Ghana, will conduct hub air operations from Yenagoa and other Nigerian airlines will operate to YIA.
- A South African carrier plans to operate oil service industry flights from Johannesburg through Angola, Point Noire, Malabo to Belgium via Yenagoa to serve the local O & G industry.
- One of the world’s largest air cargo companies will establish its West African hub at Yenagoa to serve Nigeria, West and Central Africa.
- A Portuguese airline operator will conduct flights and flight training from Yenagoa.
- Two major helicopter operators will conduct operations from Yenagoa International Airport.
With all the points above, do you think it is possible? Do you have a contrary opinion?
We are not tired of reading peoples opinion. share your view in the comment box below.
Photo Credit: SunNews